See our Home page to learn how our manuals set a new benchmark in efficient insect production.
Below is a summary of the information contained in this manual (full content listed at bottom):
- Systems which minimise maintenance in conjunction with automated feeding/watering devices.
- Efficient container design, which is durable, maximises growth rates, and saves time in maintenance and feeding activities.
- Innovative breeding methods which for the first time allow crickets to be bred with significantly less maintenance, without offensive odours and similar amount of effort as cockroaches.
- Plenty of tips on how to save time, effort and money through energy conservation or efficient food storage and processing.
- Details how to manage a commercial colony from breeding through to dispatch, transport and marketing.
- Plenty of tips to make the dispatch of crickets to your animals with minimal effort.
This manual is an accumulation of years of experience and experimentation which will provide you with a short cut to successful cricket breeding. Below is a full outline of the books contents Be sure to view our book sample on the home page.
Revolutionary New Cricket Breeding Systems
Purchase from our Buy Now page
50 Ways our Guide will Allow you to Breed More Crickets with Less Effort (Book Content)
Food and Water Requirements
- 4 different food/water dispensers to choose from which covers small and large scale production.
- 18 pages detailing how to build a food try with removes all wet/dry food and water together for quick and easy maintenance.
- Our automated feeding/watering dispensers, allows you to feed crickets for over 2 weeks unattended if necessary (i.e. good for going away on holidays). They are inexpensive to build, durable and designed not to spill. They dispense food at a controlled rate which saves money, reduces the frequency for refilling and improves hygiene.
- 7 different methods/tools to feed crickets to your animals quickly and easily (and filter them to the right size).
- Learn essential nutrients for cricket development, how to purchase food in bulk and store/process them properly to save wastage and money. Food recipes for standard and fast growth, gut loading and dusting.
- Tables outlining the nutritional content of key food groups such as dog, cat and chicken layer dry foods.
- Detailed instructions and photos how to build containers.
- 2 breeding systems to choose from to ensure the best method for all types of breeding. (i.e. small, medium and large scale/commercial production).
- 26 pages detailing advantages/disadvantages for different systems, building material, and step by step instructions how to construct breeding systems.
- See above sections (Why our systems work so well) for details how our breeding systems produce twice the crickets with half the effort.
- Learn the essential management secrets which ensures productive and consistent breeding.
Container Design and Construction
- Learn the 5 essential design considerations for an efficient container which is durable, maximises growth rates, and saves time in maintenance and feeding activities.
- Some of the items covered includes how to maximise ventilation and air flow, easy access ports for feeding and removing crickets, removable screens for increased ventilation/heat management, keeping pinheads in and pest out.
- Detailed instructions and photos showing how to build step by step.
Heating and Storage
- Tables which provide the various temperature thresholds to manage a cricket colony
- Advantages/disadvantages for 4 different heating systems including free solar options. Find out the best method for productive cricket production.
- Learn the thermodynamic principles for efficient heat conservation.
- 20 methods to reduce your heating costs.
- How to estimate your heating costs and manage excessive heat.
- How to store breeding containers so they are easy to access and feeding can be done without opening the lid. This will allow numerous containers can be stored into a tight configuration, to save space or to increase the number of containers.
- Our innovative breeding systems prevent detritus from coming into contact with wet substrate, preventing fouling (eliminates smells) and cutting maintenance frequency by half.
- 3 different cleaning systems reduces maintenance to only a few minutes for each breeding container.
- Food and water dispensers can provide food for up to 2 weeks, reducing the need for food/water changes.
- Feeding methods allows 10 containers of crickets are able to be fed wet food in just 90 seconds.
- Systems to remove all cartons together for quick and easy maintenance.
- Devices to separate pinheads and larger crickets from detritus and food during maintenance. This allows more animals to be returned back to the colony.
- Systems to streamline cleaning for both small and commercial scale.
Grading and Commercial Production
- Learn how to quickly separate crickets from their cartons without escapees and with minimal effort.
- How to make 3 different types of filtering devices to sort crickets on a commercial scale or smaller quantities to feed your animals.
- Make a cricket counting device which makes estimating cricket numbers easy and hassle free.
- Two systems to calculate cricket numbers (for small scale and large scale production).
- 3 different packaging and storage methods for dispatch to clients.
- Full details how to manage a commercial colony from breeding, maintenance, grading, dispatch, transport and marketing.
- 3 different breeding systems which can be used for large scale private production or commercial production.
- Details on how many crickets you can expect to produce with the different breeding systems and economic benefits.
- Outlines what you need to consider for commercial production and the expected expenses and potential income.
- Over 14 tips how to market crickets and find clients.
- How to keep detailed records and efficiencies to maximise profits.
- Example promotional material to help market your crickets
- Detailed information on how to manage all major pests, which often result in the failure of consistent cricket breeding.
- Our clever container design prevents pests from entering, including a special double screen system to keep out micro flies, a major pest species.
- Details how to build ant exclusion devices and micro-fly traps to prevent infestations.
- How to maintain genetics and maintain productivity
- How to choose the best species to for cricket breeding. Advantages and disadvantages between different species.
- Diagrams and photos of the anatomy of a cricket and how to distinguish between female/male, adult and medium crickets.
- Understand the lifecycle, breeding and behaviour characteristics of crickets to reduce cannibalism and increase breeding success.
- Find out the best temperatures to maximise egg viability and cricket growth. The best heating methods to increase productivity.
- The main nutrient and environmental conditions for productive cricket breeding.
Lots and lots more!!
© Zega Enterprises 2018 , ©Photographs, diagrams and tables by Glenn Kvassay or as credited 2018